The Public and Environmental Health Sciences offered by the University of Birmingham provides opportunities to understand how to manage risks posed to public and environmental health and provide the necessary solutions.
A virtual learning platform has been introduced to allow students to identify hazards and risks within an industrial environment.
The course is taught using formal lectures, workshops, group work, case studies, practical simulations, industrial/commercial visits and student centered learning. Students benefit from being taught in a research-intense environment and are encouraged to develop their critical thinking and research skills. The course supports building the foundation of competence through the knowledge and skills required by the CIEH curriculum.
Graduates of this course have found employment with:
- Government Health Departments
- Government Health and Environmental Protection Agencies
- International and National Non-Governmental organizations
- Multi-national companies
- International Environmental Health Consultancies
- Higher Educational Establishments
During the time on the course, students will be encouraged to develop employability skills which are essential for graduate recruitment. These include:
- Time management
- Communication Skills
- Team working
- Personal planning and organisation
- Critical thinking skills
More informationVisit official programme website
- Food Safety Control
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental Protection and Climate Change
- Health Protection
- Public Health Integration (International)
- Chemical and Biological Incident Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 215 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- A science based honours degree which is at least equivalent to the a 2:1 honours degree from a UK university. This MSc course is for international students only.
International23310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23310 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.