The Master of Arts degree in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling programme from Texas A&M San Antonio is designed for students wanting to specialize in work with various family units.
The degree plan requires 60 hours of counseling coursework and is designed to satisfy the 60-hour Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) academic requirements in the State of Texas.
Individuals with a bachelor’s degree and an interest in developing the skills necessary to be effective mental health professionals should apply. Applicants interested in School Counselor Certification will need to document two years of teaching experience in an accredited school.
- Research in Counseling
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Theories of Counseling
- Counseling Diverse Populations and Military Cultures
- Professional Orientation and Ethics
- Theoretical Foundations of Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Abnormal Human Behavior
- Counseling Techniques
- Group Counseling Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Educational Psychology View 261 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Submit all official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate course work) from every prior college/university attended.
- Applicants must be awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution before admission into a graduate program can occur. Degrees received must be posted on the transcript of the awarding institution.
- Students admitted must also submit official Graduate Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, MAT) by mid-semester of their first application term of graduate courses to register for subsequent semesters.
International11328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5664 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5664 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 600 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.