It aims to develop the skills and knowledge required to lead change, lead teams, enhance the performance of engineers in industry, improve the quality of engineering education in universities, and influence engineering education policy.
The Engineering and Education programme from University College London (UCL) focuses on how to develop innovative strategies to improve engineering education.
The degree will provide you with a mix of theoretical and practical ideas and frameworks to creatively re-design and deliver all aspects of engineering education. A focus on leadership and the development of professional skills is emphasised throughout, with inputs from industry experts, UCL researchers and policy stakeholders.
Teaching and learning
The programme combines innovative classroom teaching methods with unique group-based and scenario-based learning, enabling students to dynamically engage with current engineering education challenges.
Group work and scenarios are designed to help students consolidate knowledge, develop essential practical skills and their understanding of principles, and share knowledge and experience to enhance their employability.
The MSc has been designed to help students to upgrade their theoretical and practical capabilities to lead change, lead teams and enhance the performance of engineers in industry, enhance the quality of engineering education in universities and influence engineering education policy.
- Engineering and Education: Practice, Innovation and Leadership
- Engineering Learning and Teaching: Perspectives and Issues
- Professionalism and Expertise: theories and perspectives
- Professional Enquiry
- Learning and working in international contexts and organisations
- Science, Technology and Engineering Advice in Practice
- Communicating Science for Policy
- Energy, Technology and Climate Policy
- Energy Systems and Sustainability
- Introduction to Programming
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research General Engineering & Technology View 753 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.