About the Program
A student who completes the Social Science - Demographic and Social Analysis program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) will earn an M. A. degree.
The nine-month Master of Arts curriculum is integrated with the introductory graduate courses in the school, and includes population theory, research design, descriptive and inferential statistics, and demographic methods. These core courses are complemented by a varying menu of population-relevant electives. Throughout the academic year, students will apply the training and skills they are learning through a research project. The year culminates in an oral exam wherein students present their research.
- Demographic Analysis
- Graduate Statistics
- Research Design
- Immigration Dynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Sociology Statistics View 689 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- The UCI Graduate Studies application form including a 'Why DASA?' personal statement;
- Transcripts for all college-level course work;
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores earned within the last five years; and
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Applicants originating in countries where English is not the primary spoken language must, in addition, submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Finally, applicants may optionally submit a writing sample or other comparable evidence that demonstrates their potential for successful completion of the DASA program.
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 12 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.