Graduates of the Masters of Science in Biology with an Emphasis in Education program at Grand Canyon University will be prepared to teach undergraduate biology courses at two and four-year institutions. In addition, the preparation they receive through their MS in biology coursework allows grads to teach in online environments.
Building on the solid biology background they already have, students in the GCU MS in biology education program continue their scientific studies and learn teaching techniques to help them thrive in the classroom. Both research and practical application of biology topics and teaching skills are at the heart of this master's degree program.
This biology teaching degree at GCU prepares students to teach biology at the postsecondary level. This means you may find work teaching at:
- Junior/community colleges
- Vocational/technical/trade schools
- Science research/development institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in CSET
- A Comprehensive Overview of Phylogenetics and Ecology
- A Comprehensive Overview of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Effective Pedagogy for Higher Education
- Concepts of Human Physiology
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during .
National545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.