The Master of Science in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention program at Grand Canyon University guides students in developing foundational knowledge that translates to the fields of human services and community health.
Grounded in evidence-based practices, the rigorous curriculum inspires students to reach new academic heights as they study how to serve others by effectively advocating for healthy mental, cognitive and spiritual behaviors.
The prevention or mitigation of the effects of mental illnesses is essential for preserving quality of life. Prevention science in mental health may help lower rates of the consequences of mental illnesses, including unemployment, incarceration, homelessness and suicide ideation.
Graduates with prevention science degrees are well-positioned to build a meaningful career in service to others in need. As an aspiring mental health specialist, you may pursue work in any of the following settings:
- Churches and other faith-based organizations
- Social service agencies
- Hospitals and community health clinics
- Schools and universities
- Community-based organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
- Introduction to Mental Health and Wellness
- Ethics and Cultural Diversity in Mental Health and Wellness
- Introduction to Prevention Science
- Prevention Throughout the Lifespan
- Specific Prevention Topics
- Community Program Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 315 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.