Students will examine the causes and effects of trauma across the lifespan, as well as the intricacies of human behavior. The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma at Grand Canyon University focus on the application of evidence-based research to assess and treat trauma-related disorders.
The courses included in this trauma counseling program were selected to meet the academic requirements of the National Board for Certified Counselors for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential, the Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) credential and the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
As an aspiring trauma counselor, you may one day assist clients who are struggling with complex trauma, childhood trauma or posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). You might work with victims of natural disasters, mass shooting events, assault or childhood abuse.
Trauma counseling can be an emotionally difficult but highly fulfilling career path. Trauma counselors are employed in a range of settings, including:
- Hospitals and clinics, including military hospitals
- Prisons and juvenile detention facilities
- Inpatient psychiatric centers and outpatient psychiatric programs
- Community-based health centers
- Nonprofit and faith-based organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Principles of Psychopharmacology
- Human Sexuality and Issues of Aging
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 310 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.