The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy at Grand Canyon University empowers students to proactively plan the direction of their desired careers.
Students prepare to provide individual, couple and family counseling within a carefully structured environment that inspires a sense of security.
The courses for this master’s in clinical mental health counseling for marriage and family therapy were selected to fit the requirements of the Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) credential, the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential and the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Mental health counseling is a rewarding and personally fulfilling career path. No two days are alike in the therapy field, as counselors may work with a diverse spectrum of clients who are all dealing with unique circumstances. Marriage and family specialists may help clients cope with difficult issues like infidelity, chronic stress, divorce and financial stressors. Many marriage and family counselors work in private practice. Others may work in the following settings:
- Hospitals and clinics
- Social service agencies
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Principles of Psychopharmacology
- Human Sexuality and Issues of Aging
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Health Sciences Counselling View 38 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.