As a student in the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders at Grand Canyon University, you will focus on core competencies such as clinical assessment, research methodologies, trauma counseling and counseling skills.
Explore the application of psychological principles as they are applied specifically to children and adolescents. Areas of discussion include school and family life issues, child-parent relationships and developmental disorders.
The courses selected for the childhood and adolescence counseling MS degree are designed to meet the academic requirements established by the National Board for Certified Counselors for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential, the Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) credential and the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
As a future mental health counselor who specializes in childhood and adolescent populations, you might find yourself working with clients who struggle with homelessness, childhood trauma, bullying, abuse and neglect. You might work with clients who have substance use disorders or eating disorders. There is a demand for mental health counselors to work in a variety of settings, including the following:
- Hospitals and clinics
- Private therapy practice
- Social service agencies
- Juvenile detention centers
- Domestic violence and homeless shelters
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Group Counseling
- Principles of Psychopharmacology
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Counselling View 316 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.