The College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers course work that leads to the Master of Education in Special Education organized around four domains of study: foundations, development and disability, research, and assessment. The degree can also lead to the Learning Behavior Specialist I licensure/endorsement, the Learning Behavior Specialist II endorsements, or the MEd degree only; and the Doctor of Philosophy in Education: Special Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political and Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Special Education
- Theoretical Foundations and Issues of Bilingual Special Education
- Advanced Procedures in Special Educator as Consultant
- Understanding Students With Low Incidence Disabilities
- Educational Implications of Learners with Low-Incidence and Multiple Disabilites
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
33–36 semester hours
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3481 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Applicants must submit transcripts from the last 60 hours of undergraduate work and from all postbaccalaureate work.
- For the LBS I and LBS II Illinois licensure and endorsement options, passing scores on the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP).
- Three required; addressing the applicant’s academic qualifications, teaching experience, and potential for advanced-degree studies. Letters should be from current or former professors and/or supervisors.
- Required; the statement, in a minimum of 300 words, must address the applicant’s professional goals and acknowledge the urban focus of UIC special education programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7227 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.