The Advanced Engineering Management - Operations Management programme from University of Birmingham introduces students to core management concepts in semester one before selecting one of four specialist pathways in semester two. Students also have the opportunity to choose a generalist pathway route, tailoring the course to their requirements.
Semester one modules are taken by all students to develop a firm base of general knowledge and techniques for further specialised management study. Delivered by leading academics in Birmingham Business School (BBS), the management content is research led, drawing on the expertise and reputation of BBS to help deliver a high quality experience for students. Topics include strategy, innovation, marketing, organisational behaviour and financial management.
Semester two sees students move into a pathway of their choice, where the key management concepts tackled in the first semester will be complemented by the exploration of practical management applications by academics from the School of Engineering, drawing upon its wealth of research experience and industrial links.
This new structure will allow us to present the core principles in semester one and then to demonstrate their application in semester two before you progress into the summer and the opportunity to investigate and develop a contemporary Engineering Management topic via a 60 credit research project.
Examples of project titles:
- BP in the Global Oil Industry
- Human Resources Management at Royal Bank of Scotland
- Analysis of the Hellenic Steel Industry
- Strategic Repositioning of the BMW Group
You can expect to be exposed throughout to up-to-date knowledge of current and future trends in the management of your chosen field whilst developing the skills of critical evaluation and analysis that you will need as an engineer of tomorrow. We look forward to welcoming you.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We'll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Organisational and Operations Management
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Engineering Production and Risk Management in Construction
- Management Information Systems and Simulation
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Please note that applications to this programme from mainland China closed from Wednesday 4 December 2019 (0.00am GMT).
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 491 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements will be a minimum 2.1 BEng (Hons) or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Applicants with professional qualifications and work experience would also be considered on a case-by-case basis, as well as applicants with BSc (Hons) degrees in Physical Sciences and Technology based subjects.
- Business School English language requirements apply (IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band).
International23310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23310 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.