Apply to the Spatial Economics and Data Analysis MSc program offered at University of Southern California. Work with globally recognized faculty from the Department of Economics and the Spatial Sciences Institute in the University of Southern California Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences to identify business opportunities and address public policy challenges using location-based Big Data with insights from geographic information science (GIS), urban economics, and spatial econometrics.
- Professionals with masters in economics and spatial data analysis education can bring new insights in emerging business opportunities, environmental trends, urban crime, congestion trends, real estate valuation, technology diffusion, and countless other commercial and social applications around the world.
- Through internships, guest speakers, industry meet-ups, and other career development opportunities, students will build a professional network in Big Data industries and startups. The global geospatial industry is expected to grow at a 13.6% compound annual growth rate between 2017-2020 to reach US $440 billion in 2020.
- develop an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of spatial economics;
- learn and apply spatial analysis and spatial modeling approaches to identify new business opportunities and new policy solutions addressing urban problems;
- gain valuable research experience in analyzing spatial "Big Data"; and
- develop professional development insights in this nascent field of spatial analysis.
- Microeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Practice of Econometrics
- Urban Economics
- Research Seminar in Spatial Economics and Data Analysis
- Concepts of Spatial Thinking
- Spatial Databases
- Spatial Analysis
- Geospatial Data Integration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 527 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern California and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in another country;
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with a score of 150 on the quantitative reasoning section; and
Students can be admitted into the program with various backgrounds. However, students are encouraged to have completed:
- an introductory course in GIS and/or Remote Sensing (or proof of practical/field experience) and
- an introductory course in Economics
International63468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63468 USD per year during 24 months.
National63468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63468 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.