The curriculum is designed to provide practicing dentists with advanced knowledge and training in the areas of orofacial pain and oral medicine including sleep medicine.
The Advanced Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine program consists of a series of 14 online didactic courses where the students will gain knowledge about the underlying science as well as the diagnosis, pathobiology and treatment of different oral and maxillofacial diseases and disorders. In addition to these courses, the student will attend University of Southern California for two weeks each summer during the three-year period for an additional three face-to-face assessment courses where they will be tested for knowledge acquisition using a set of objective standardized clinical examinations, oral interviews and written examinations. They will also be required to prepare a final portfolio of cases and conduct and present a research project report. During their visits to USC, the residents will gain experience diagnosing and treating patients in the USC OFOPM center.During the year, the residents will attend weekly video conferences where online students are required to analyze, diagnose and prepare treatment plan cases that are posted for analysis. These cases will cover the following diseases: temporomandibular disorders; infectious, dysplastic, neoplastic proliferative, erosive and ulcerative oral and pharyngeal mucosal diseases. Students will also learn about and work with patients who have various salivary, neurogenic, osseous, and odontogenic infections, tumors and diseases including oral neuropathic pain, oral spasticity, migraine, tension type and chronic daily headache and sleep apnea disorders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Soft Tissue Disease for Dental Residents
- Bony Radiology and Advanced Imaging for Dental Residents
- Neurogenic Based Oral and Facial Pains for Dental Residents
- TMD, Orthopedics, Rheumatology and Physical Therapy for Dental Residents
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDentistry Health Sciences View 1120 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Intent
- 3 Letters of Evaluation from peers, colleagues, or mentors
- Complete the USC CAS application
- All documents submitted as part of the application must be in English or be accompanied by certified translation to be considered official
- Pay the $90.00 application fee
- Submit official school transcripts
- Transcripts in original language of issuance: International students who have earned their degree outside the United States must check our country-specific requirements to determine if we need original-language copies of their academic records.
International38560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38560 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National38560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38560 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.