The MEd Special Education Program from University of Maryland is for individuals with the following backgrounds:
- Certified special educators who graduated from the UMD Special Education Program
- Certified special educators who graduated from other programs
- Allied professions such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy; these individuals do not wish to obtain special education certification
- Early childhood, elementary, or secondary general educators
- Issues and Trends in Educating Individuals with Disabilities
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Single Subject Research in Special Education
- Qualitative Methodologies in Special Education
- Seminar on Severely Handicapping Conditions
- Evaluating Evidence-Based Practices in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
M.Ed. (without certification): March 10
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)*
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Basic Skills Test** (M.Ed./Certification only) (optional for M.Ed. Cert, not required for M.Ed. without cert)
- Special Education Certification*** (optional for M.Ed. Cert, not required for M.Ed. without cert)
International51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.