The MEd Special Education Program from University of Maryland is for individuals with the following backgrounds:
- Certified special educators who graduated from the UMD Special Education Program
- Certified special educators who graduated from other programs
- Allied professions such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy; these individuals do not wish to obtain special education certification
- Early childhood, elementary, or secondary general educators
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues and Trends in Educating Individuals with Disabilities
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Single Subject Research in Special Education
- Qualitative Methodologies in Special Education
- Seminar on Severely Handicapping Conditions
- Evaluating Evidence-Based Practices in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 647 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A score on the Graduate Record Exam placing the student at or above the 50th percentile on verbal, quantitative, and analytic subtests
- Two years of research or work experience with exceptional populations
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of academic and research goals including intended area of study, research interests, and plans for future employment
- Evidence of writing skills shown in the statement of academic and research goals;
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.