The Behavioral and Community Health program from University of Maryland is in direct alignment with the traditional in-person MPH in Behavioral and Community Health offered on the College Park campus and follows the same guidelines, course structure, and admissions policies. However, the online MPH program offers more flexibility for students learning and increased opportunity to tailor learning to different needs.
The online MPH in BCH synthesizes knowledge, social aspects, and cultures of populations to determine current and future health status. The program emphasizes the idea that health status is the interplay of individual and social, political and economic structures of a society. Here, factors related to human behaviors, biological, and medical/health systems are considered important in understanding how larger societal forces shape individual’s health and wellbeing
- Core Concepts in Public Health
- Foundations of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Public Health Data Laboratory
- Health Program Planning, Development, Evaluation, and Resources
- Public Health Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 170 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- GRE scores for exam taken within the past five years (UMD SPH code = 0485)
- GRE scores may be waived with at least 2 years of post-baccalaureate experience in public health or 3 years total of public health work experience
- Three Letters of recommendation that address your academic capabilities
- Statement of goals and interests
- Resume or CV
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!