Future developments in communication systems are vital to the continued growth of the global economy; reducing costs, improving quality and providing ever more sophisticated services, whilst increasing both spectral efficiency and energy efficiency.
Companies in both mature and rapidly growing economies are keen to secure staff with the masters-level specialist knowledge of the underlying principles and advanced applications of communication systems that this programme provides.
The Communications Engineering programme from University of Birmingham covers a wide range of topics in communication engineering and provides options from outside the core Specialism.
As well as acquiring specialist technical knowledge, you will develop generic skills such as: interpreting equirements and specifications to produce effective design solutions; making decisions on the basis of incomplete information; giving technical presentations, and working in a team. These are achieved through a combination of group and individual exercises.
This course will equip you for a rewarding career in this dynamic field. Companies in both mature and rapidly growing economics are keen to secure professionals with specialist knowledge of the underlying principles and advanced applications of communications systems, meaning that upon graduation your career prospects will be excellent.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introductory Module for Communications
- Digital Communications and Signal Processing
- Electromagnetics, Antennas and Propagation
- Individual Project
- Satellite, Cellular and Optical Communications
- Computer and Communications Networks
- RF and Microwave Engineering
- Radar Systems and Remote Sensing
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Communication Sciences Computer Sciences View 239 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 Honours degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a relevant subject. Industrial experience and CEng/IEng qualifications will also be taken into account.
- Applicants with a 2.2 with high grades in relevant modules will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International23310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23310 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students: £4950 part-time
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.