The Narrative Studies MA program from Arizona State University is a comprehensive program that explores narrative and storytelling across a range of cultures and historical periods.
With an emphasis on teaching and research, the program includes coursework that encourages students to pursue transdisciplinary inquiry. The degree program primes graduates for critical and eloquent engagement with the world beyond the university.
Equally suited to prepare candidates for further academic studies or to advance the careers of area educators in the language arts, this program also prepares graduates to begin careers in one of the many professions that value creativity, critical thinking and highly skilled communication, including teaching, writing, online publishing and editing.
Professionals with expertise in narrative are in high demand across many sectors and industries, including publishing, media, entertainment, marketing and politics. Skills in crafting and interpreting narratives are valuable to businesses and institutions that communicate, entertain and educate.
Career examples include:
- copy writer
- creative writer
- freelance writer
- high school teacher
- History of Narrative
- Studies in Narrative Writing
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 776 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field such as English or any humanities discipline.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants are required to submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- written letter of intent that includes a detailed statement of purpose
- portfolio of at least three documents
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.