Students in the Psychological Research program at Temple University work with a faculty sponsor to develop and carry out a master’s project; complete graduate-level coursework in methodology, statistics, ethics, and topical seminars; and engage in professional development activities that prepare them for doctoral-level studies and enhance their applications to Ph.D. programs.
The M.S. in Psychological Research is separate and distinct from the Department of Psychology’s Ph.D. program and does not lead to entrance into the Psychology Ph.D. program. Prospective doctoral students must apply directly to the Ph.D. program.
Graduates of the M.S. program in Psychological Research gain skills that enhance their applications to doctoral programs in academic psychology. Positions for individuals with an M.S. in Psychological Research are also available in a number of settings, including universities, private research and consulting organizations, non-profits, and marketing.
- Advanced Statistics
- Master's Directed Research I
- Ethics and Ethical Conflicts in Psychological Science
- Master's Directed Research II
- Teaching of Psychology
- Professional Development Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Research Educational Psychology View 573 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 500 to 1,000 words, state your reasons for pursuing a master’s degree, your current research interests, your research experience, and your future career goals.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Writing Sample: An academic writing sample must be submitted. It is used to assess the applicant's ability to complete graduate-level written work and produce a high-quality master's project paper.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International21264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.