A student in the program may specialize in managerial, technical, or a combination of the two areas. Some of the leading-edge topics that will be covered in the program include business analytics, business process redesign, healthcare informatics, technology-enabled innovation, social media, supply chain management, enterprise application platforms, corporate IT management, information systems security, project and vendor management, and IT consulting.
The MS in Management Information Systems at the University of Illinois at Chicago is designed for professionals and students (a) in information systems who would like to gain advanced knowledge of the business use of information technology; and (b) in other business functions such as marketing, finance, and accounting who would like to use information systems effectively. The program is flexible and suitable for students with experience or education in information systems, business administration, computer science, engineering, healthcare, or other disciplines. A student may enroll full time or part time. A full-time student with adequate foundation can complete the program in a year. The MS degree is also offered jointly with the MBA, the MS in Business Analytics, and the MS in Finance.
The program leading to the PhD in Management Information Systems focuses on an interdisciplinary business understanding of how technology can affect an organization’s behavior, structure, and function, and on the effective use, control, and management of information and computer systems. Both the technical aspects and organizational impact of information management are assessed. A faculty on the cutting edge of modern MIS practices ensures dynamic research and teaching possibilities in this field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise Application Development
- Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security
- Advanced Database Management
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design Project
- E-Commerce Project
- Independent Study in Information and Decision Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 62 other Masters in Innovation Management in United States
- Individuals from all baccalaureate fields are encouraged to apply. The exact course requirements will be determined based on an individual’s baccalaureate field and work experience. All applicants must have had the following background course work: mathematics through the level of calculus covering integration and differentiation, and statistics through regression analysis.
- Tests Required GMAT or GRE taken within five years of entry into the program.
- Letters of Recommendation Two required (waived for GAMIS applicants).
- Personal Statement Required.
- Resume or CV Required.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7227 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.