This Master of Arts in Latin American and Latino Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago emphasizes the histories and experiences of Latin American people as they enter into a transnational dialogue that defines both American and Latin American identities, cultures, economies, and politics in the 21st century.
The program encourages an interdisciplinary approach that ranges across the social sciences, humanities, cultural studies, and history.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Latin American and Latinx Critical Thought
- Latinos and Latin American in Transnational Context
- Interdisciplinary Research Methods in Latin American and Latino Studies
- Studies in Language Policy and Cultural Identity
- Andean Prehistory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 903 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. The program will accept and review applications for the fall semester only. Transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted.
- Tests Required GRE.
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters required, preferably from faculty members in social sciences and humanities.
- Resume/CV A resume or CV is required.
- Personal Statement Required. The statement must address the applicant's professional and academic goals and the candidate’s reasons for applying to a Latin American and Latino Studies graduate program. The statement should have a maximum extension of three double-spaced pages.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7227 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.