At the University of Illinois at Chicago the Art History programme introduces students to works of art, architecture and design that have changed the course of history. Classes cover all historical periods and most of the world’s cultures. Students are trained in the fundamentals of critical thinking, historical analysis, visual literacy, and theoretical understanding. These are skills that are evermore important in our evermore visually mediated world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Historiography of the Visual Arts, 1750 to 1960
- Toward New Histories of the Visual Arts, 1960 to the Present
- Art History Teaching Seminar
- Ancient/Medieval/Early Modern (before 1800)
- Modern/Contemporary (after 1800)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 249 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Grade Point Average: At least 3.00 (A=4.00) for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Optional Test: GRE general.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from faculty members or others familiar with the applicant’s training, ability, and experience.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit a short statement of purpose (2–3 pages) that should address the reasons for pursuing the MA in Art History at UIC and the relationship of this work to their professional and career objectives.
- Writing Sample: Applicants must submit a sample of their written work (approximately 15 pages).
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12369 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12369 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5935 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.