The Art History program at the University of Illinois at Chicago provides both wide coverage and particular depth in areas of faculty strength, including, but not limited to, the History of Architecture, Design, and Urbanism; Global Art Histories; and the History of Modern and Contemporary Art. Students may also pursue topics that combine these areas of focus or expand beyond them.
Interdepartmental concentrations in Gender and Women's Studies, Museum and Exhibition Studies, and Violence Studies are available to students in the MA and PhD in Art History.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Historiography of the Visual Arts, 1750 to 1960
- Toward New Histories of the Visual Arts, 1960 to the Present
- Art History Teaching Seminar
- Ancient/Medieval/Early Modern (before 1800)
- Modern/Contemporary (after 1800)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 230 other Masters in Art History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Grade Point Average: At least 3.00 (A=4.00) for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Optional Test: GRE general.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from faculty members or others familiar with the applicant’s training, ability, and experience.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit a short statement of purpose (2–3 pages) that should address the reasons for pursuing the MA in Art History at UIC and the relationship of this work to their professional and career objectives.
- Writing Sample: Applicants must submit a sample of their written work (approximately 15 pages).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7227 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.