Explore Programs in Diagnostic Cytopathology Offered at Rutgers
We’ve revised our entry-level curriculum to reflect changes in the movement to diagnostic cytology practice and shortened the time frame for completion from 5 to 4 semesters. Our entry-level program admission requirements were also modified to provide broader access to applicants from diverse educational backgrounds to our program and a career in diagnostic cytology.
Advanced practice diagnostic cytologists are integral to providing anatomic pathology services. The Diagnostic Cytopathology program of Rutgers University teaches students to microscopically examine cells for malignancies, precancerous cells, and infectious diseases.
Diagnostic cytologists work closely with pathologists, other laboratory professionals, and clinicians in hospital and reference laboratories, cancer centers, biopharma corporations, and research and academic institutions to provide precision treatment and personalized patient care.
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Pathophysiology and Histopathology
- Cytopreparatory Laboratory Techniques
- Diagnostic Cytology
- Molecular Cytopathology
- Advanced Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Human Medicine View 613 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US college or university*
- A minimum of 28 credits of coursework in biology, chemistry and the health sciences taken within 7 years of planned enrollment to the program: 3 credits of precalculus or calculus, 3 credits of statistics
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for science courses
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate coursework from all institutions attended
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Personal essay addressing career goals and reasons for pursuing the MS-CLS Cytopathology Program.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from college professors, supervisors, lab managers, pathologist, and/or anyone with knowledge to evaluate the applicant’s academic and professional performance.
- Personal interview
International51987 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51987 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State34658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 806 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.