The interprofessional Master of Science degree in Education for Health Care Professionals offered by Texas A&M University will provide greater access to faculty and students, as well as clinicians and healthcare professionals, who have an interest in academia. Education for Health Care Professionals graduates at Texas A&M University of the program help satisfy the need for qualified teaching faculty in many health professions including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, dental and dental hygiene schools across the country.
The EDHP program has three curriculum options. Students can pursue a distance education 34 credit hour thesis, a distance education 36 credit hour non-thesis, and a distance education 14 credit hour certificate.
Certificate Program Goals and Outcomes
The overarching goals of the Certificate in EDHP are to prepare students to:
- Teach in a variety of settings with an interdisciplinary team. Incorporate theory and practice in the development and implementation of educational offerings in diverse settings and populations.
- Integrate collective teaching strategies and delivery systems for today's new learning environment.
- Effectively evaluate student performance with the necessary tools and strategies in clinical and/or classroom settings.
- Develop their skills as a new faculty member.
The learning outcomes for students who complete the Certificate in EDHP require that students will:
- Analyze educational pedagogies for a population of learners.
- Apply best practices of curriculum development and evaluation methods in teaching environments.
- Develop expertise in varied instructional methodologies.
- Incorporate an interdisciplinary perspective into an educator role.
- Integrate the role of educator into current practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching and Learning Theory
- Curriculum Foundations for Health Care Professionals
- Teacing Practicum
- Teaching Strategies for Health Care Professionals
- Assessment and Evaluation for Healthcare Professionals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 164 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- On-line Application. A completed Apply Texas Application.
- Application Fee. A nonrefundable $90 application fee. The application fee may be paid by check, money order or approved credit card. If you wish to submit your application fee by check or money order please use the alternate payment form.
- Official Transcripts and Records. Official transcripts are required from each post-secondary university or college attended.
- Official Test Scores.
- Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University and be taken within five years.
- Three letters of recommendation are required, preferably from faculty or advisors.
International17073 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17073 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17073 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17073 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7867 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7867 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.