The Dance degree at The University of New Mexico requires choreography of at least two works per year and the creation and presentation of a full evening’s work supported by a written dissertation in the final year. Opportunities for graduate students to teach in the dance program are available for qualified students, which includes mentoring by graduate faculty. Graduate assistantships are available that provide scholarship and stipends.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies
- Performance Theory
- Critical Issues in the Performing Arts
- Creative Investigations I
- Flamenco Choreography
- Choreography II
- Creative Investigations II
- Dance Pedagogy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 282 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
General requirementsAdmission requirements
- To enter the program, the student should have completed an undergraduate major in theatre or dance or have taken a minimum of 24 hours in Theatre and/or Dance, including History, Criticism, Dramatic Literature, Directing, Playwriting, Choreography, Technical Theatre and Performance. However, students with undergraduate degrees in other disciplines are eligible for admittance. Contact the Department for information.
- The student applying for admission should obtain a Self-Managed Application from the Office of Admissions
Other application materials required by the department:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Academic/scholarly writing sample
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.