About this Degree
The Physician Assistant program at the University of Oklahoma represents a joint effort between the University of Oklahoma and The University of Tulsa to provide one of the strongest primary care PA programs in the country.
During the first semester of our 30-month program, students will collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment with other students and faculty at the week-long Summer Institute. The Summer Institute focuses on underserved care and available resources throughout the Tulsa community. PA students also attend the Bedlam evening clinic throughout their first year. This student-run free clinic provides much needed care to uninsured patients from northeast Oklahoma. These distinct opportunities further supplement the curriculum covered in Public Health, Professional Issues in Medicine and Health, and the Underserved module in Clinical Medicine.
During the second year, students attend Student Academy which is comprised of monthly interdisciplinary seminars over chronic disease management with emphasis on evidence-based treatment algorithms and hands-on clinical skill development. Students then integrate this learning into their twice-monthly longitudinal clinic experience at OU Physicians Family Medicine Clinic. This Physician Assistant Longitudinal (PAL) student clinic allows students to manage their own panel of patients, providing a continuous care experience for chronic disease management.
- Clinical Anatomy
- Principles of Genetics
- Public Health Issues
- Prof Issues in Medicine & Health
- Medical Terminology
- Applied Physiology
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 739 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- No more than one science and one non-science prerequisite can be in progress after December 31st of the year prior to enrollment in the program.
- Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and 6 credit hours of Upper Division Sciences must be completed within 7 years of the application deadline.
- Students invited to interview must provide proof of enrollment in any outstanding prerequisite on the day of their visit.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- No one course can satisfy more than one prerequisite.
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit may be used to satisfy prerequisite coursework provided that the AP credit is accepted by the applicant’s institution and is posted on the applicant’s official academic transcript.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as computed by CASPA, for both the overall GPA and the science GPA.
International31159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31159 USD per year during 30 months.
National31159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31159 USD per year during 30 months.
In-State13816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13816 USD per year during 30 months.
- 3rd Year: $6,908 (Resident) / $15,579 (Non-Resident)
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.