UNM Chicana/o Studies
The purpose of the Chicana and Chicano Studies department at The University of New Mexico is to promote a critical understanding of Chicano/Hispano/Mexicano communities through teaching, research, and advocacy. Since our program resides at the flagship institution of the state that has the largest percentage of Hispanics in the country, this mission is integral to furthering the understanding of New Mexico’s present and the nation’s future.Chicana and Chicano Studies accomplishes its mission by offering an undergraduate minor, promoting research, and establishing community partnerships. Curriculum and community engagement efforts focus on three areas:
- Chicana/o cultural studies
- Politics and social justice
- The transnational U.S.-Mexico experience
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comparative global societies
- Intro to ccs
- Immigration and assimilation
- Transnational latina feminisms
- Intro to chicana studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 401 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Applicants should complete and submit an online application
- Application Fee: $50.00 Some application fee waivers accepted.
- The Application Fee Waiver Request form
- A substantive letter of intent (3-5, double-spaced pages) summarizing prior academic training and explaining current academic and professional objectives. The letter of intent should focus on scholarly and research interests and how they relate to the field of Chicana and Chicano Studies.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A sample of recent written work, preferably academic work, not to exceed 30 pages.
- One unofficial copy of transcript(s) from the university where the student received their BA and/or MA degree(s).
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.