The Political Science program from George Mason University is made up of four core courses in political science and completion of either a concentration in international security or a broader field of specialization in American government and politics, international relations, or comparative politics.
Students choosing a specialization have interdisciplinary opportunities to take up to 9 credits in related fields such as history or public policy.
- The master's degree is the first step in an engaging and stimulating career.
- Students develop a deeper understanding of political ideas and institutions, more sophisticated research skills, a better grasp of the intricacies of governments abroad, and a deeper knowledge of the complexities of international politics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Government and Politics
- Political Theory
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- The Scientific Method and Research Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Political Science View 14 other Masters in European Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed applications for fall and spring semesters are reviewed on a rolling basis, with late applications considered on a space-available basis. Students may be admitted for non-degree study and apply a limited number of credits toward the master's degree should they choose to apply to the degree program later, in accordance with university policy.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.