The Political Science program is made up of four core courses in political science and completion of either a concentration in international security or a broader field of specialization in American government and politics, international relations, or comparative politics. Students choosing a specialization have interdisciplinary opportunities to take up to 9 credits in related fields such as history or public policy.
The master's degree from George Mason University is the first step in an engaging and stimulating career. Students develop a deeper understanding of political ideas and institutions, more sophisticated research skills, a better grasp of the intricacies of governments abroad, and a deeper knowledge of the complexities of international politics.
This degree can lead to a career teaching about government; working with legislative bodies, government agencies, and international organizations; or doing research and writing about politics and government.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Government and Politics
- Introductory Data Analysis for Policy and Government
- The Scientific Method and Research Design
- International Relations
- Political Theory
- Comparative Politics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Political Science View 465 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.