The MA in Interdisciplinary Studies from George Mason University is for students who seek a master's degree that integrates knowledge from several disciplines. It addresses the rapidly evolving demand for unique graduate study by promoting advanced scholarship that transcends traditional disciplinary boundaries.
Students can pursue one of the following structured interdisciplinary concentrations and also have the opportunity to design an individualized concentration to meet the special needs of their careers.
- Concentration in Computational Social Science (CSS)
- Concentration in Energy and Sustainability (EAS)
- Concentration in Folklore Studies (FLKS)
- Concentration in Religious Studies (RELI)
- Concentration in Social Entrepreneurship (SOCE)
- Concentration in Social Justice and Human Rights (SJHR)
- Concentration in War and the Military in Society (WMS)
- Concentration in Women and Gender Studies (WGST)
- Individualized Concentration (IND)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MAIS ProSeminar
- Introduction to Computational Social Science
- Object-Oriented Modeling in Social Science
- Agent-based Modeling and Simulation
- Origins of Social Complexity
- Complexity Theory in the Social Sciences
- Spatial Agent-Based Models of Human-Environment Interactions
- Social Network Analysis
- Topics in Computational Social Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Religious Studies & Theology Computer Sciences View 355 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.