The program from George Mason University includes both fundamentals and advanced work to apply engineering techniques to solve problems in biology and medicine. A major distinguishing feature of the curriculum is that it is designed to education leaders who understand and appreciate how biomedical technology is translated from bench to bedside.
As the field of Bioengineering evolves, the master’s degree is becoming increasingly important for advancement in the profession. There is a need for individuals to lead efforts in more specialized roles, especially in the design, development, and operationalization of bioengineering technologies and devices. Master's-level graduates can fill this need.
As a master's student in our program you will:
- Prepare for research and professional practice in bioengineering and related fields.
- Learn the fundamentals and apply them to advanced work in engineering techniques to solve problems in biology and medicine.
- Study with nationally recognized experts the areas of Biomedical Imaging and Devices, Computational Biomedicine, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine, and Neurotechnology and Computational Neuroscience.
- Discover entrepreneurial considerations that determine whether a diagnostic or therapeutic approach is a practical investment and beneficial to patients and society.
Graduates from this program will eventually serve at universities, industry or government in a variety of roles, due to the breadth of this program and its content specific to clinical translation of new technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Data Analytics
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Medical Image Processing
- Medical Imaging
- Neural Engineering
- Bioengineering Research Methods
- Pathophysiology and the Role of New Technologies in Human Diseases
- Intellectual Property, Regulatory Concepts and Product Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 293 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
In addition to fulfilling Mason's admission requirements for graduate study, applicants seeking to be admitted must demonstrate or provide the following:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in ordinary differential equations cell biology and general chemistry as demonstrated by the BS
- Additional knowledge in molecular biology, physiology, organic chemistry, linear algebra, and/or statistics is recommended.
- Provide two letters of recommendation,
- Provide a resume and detailed statement of career goals and professional aspirations.
- If their native language is not English, students must take the English Proficiency exam.
- Provide official GRE scores.
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State639 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 639 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.