The Media Management program of The New School includes courses in industry perspectives, management and leadership, media economics, information technologies, competitive strategies, and corporate responsibility, and specialized classes in the businesses of film, music, and social media. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Gain valuable experience in analyzing business issues, writing case studies, and working on group projects.
Learn from Leaders
Be mentored by our distinguished faculty of media managers and build networks with peers in the industry.
Benefit from resources, networks, and faculty connected to management and entrepreneurship throughout the university.
Diverse Student Backgrounds
Collaborate with classmates from all walks of life with varied educational and professional experience in communications and media fields.
Certificate holders are prepared to work on the management side of communications industries, in areas including production management, technology development, marketing, consulting, and entrepreneurship.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Media Management and Leadership
- Media, Corporate Responsibility and the Law
- Market Research for Media Managers
- Media Sales and Sales Management
- Media Ethics
- Managing Innovation in Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fall Priority Deadline: January 15
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 105 other Masters in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to apply online using The New School’s Online Application
- The application fee is $50. The fee is paid through the online application and is non-refundable
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (Strongly Encouraged)
- Creative Sample (Optional)
- All applicants whose first language is not English must submit valid TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores
International1625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1625 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1625 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.