Who Should Consider This Degree?
- Practicing U.S. attorneys who wish to be better prepared to address emerging and novel issues or lawyers looking to redirect their careers;
- Graduates of non-U.S. law schools who want to sit for the New York Bar Exam take a specialized course of study to accumulate enough credits to comply with NY State requirements;
- Foreign lawyers and law students can complete an option for international lawyers; there is also the LL.M. + Intensive Legal English for those who need to improve proficiency;
- Current Miami Law students looking to specialize in this area can pursue a joint J.D./LL.M. degree;
- Students from other domestic law schools can also take this LL.M. as a visiting student at Miami Law while completing their J.D. at their home law school;
- Prospective J.D. students – J.D. candidates with very strong credentials may be offered early acceptance to the "EASL LL.M. Honors/Early Admission Track.” If accepted, J.D. applicants can complete the J.D. and the LL.M. with only one extra term of study. If interested, be sure to select "JD/LLM - Entertainment, Arts, Sports Law" joint degree as an area of interest on the J.D. application.
Tracks at a Glance
During the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law program of the University of Miami School of Law students get a wide-range of skills in the interconnecting areas of entertainment, arts and sports law while honing their specific area of interest with a choice of three specializations: the entertainment law track, the sports law track, and the arts law track.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Motion Picture Finance
- Legal Aspects of TV Production in Latin America
- International Sports Law
- Representing the Professional Athlete
- Museum Law / Art Law
- Cultural Property and Heritage Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline of March 1st.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 107 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete Application
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official undergraduate and law school transcripts
- Application fee: $50
- International applicants must hold a J.D. degree or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- International lawyers must present evidence of graduation from an international law school: official transcripts from all schools attended and listed on the application for admission; certified, translated copy of the transcripts; and photocopies of diplomas received.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27375 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Florida City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.