The study of the relationship between an individual’s genes and his or her response to a medication allows physicians and other clinicians to prescribe drugs to maximize therapy early on and avoid or decrease the chance of adverse effects. Pharmacogenomics is a revolutionary application of science, and Manchester University offers one of the only degree programs in the world focusing on this “here and now,” cutting-edge field!
Where Innovation Meets Medication
With the Master of Science degree in Pharmacogenomics (MS in PGx) at Manchester University, you will be ready for employment in the genetic testing and pharmaceutical industries as an applied scientist who can work on all aspects of pharmacogenomic testing including sample accessioning and preparation, sample analysis, data storage, data mining and reporting. You will also be equipped to pursue a Ph.D. or a professional degree in fields like medicine, pharmacy or dentistry. This program can also expand your capabilities in professional fields, such as genetic counseling.
Upon completion of our program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the scientific principles that relate to pharmacogenomics.
- Use literature and database resources to keep up-to-date with the evolving field of pharmacogenomics.
- Interpret pharmacogenomic test results and effectively communicate information in written and oral formats.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with relevant instrumentation and methodologies.
The Manchester University Master of Science in Pharmacogenomics Program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Pharmacogenomics
- Human Genetics
- Analytical Technology
- Research Responsibility and Ethics
- Applied Pharmacogenomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 1252 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in science or a science related field (chemistry, biology, etc.); or a professional degree (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, etc.); or a master's degree in science or science related field (genetic counseling, etc.)
- Official or certified copies of national exams
- Evidence of financial support
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certified copies of marks, grades, transcripts
International27200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.