Build your career in the growing construction industry by mastering core concepts in engineering, management, and architecture with a top-ranking Construction Engineering and Management offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan.
Demand for construction managers is growing and is expected to continue to climb in the U.S. and around the world. Construction engineers and project managers are involved in the planning, design, operations, maintenance, rehabilitation and evaluation of constructed facilities. However, many engineering, management, and architecture professionals in the construction industry lack the knowledge needed to coordinate an entire construction project.
Through projects designed by faculty from the University of Michigan Tishman Construction Management Program, you’ll learn to apply the accounting, project management and decision making techniques vital to construction projects worldwide. With an effort of around five hours per week for 6-7 months, the Construction Management MasterTrack Certificate program will prepare you to apply your knowledge to a management job in the construction industry.
What You Will Learn
- How construction projects are created, organized, and financed
- The appropriate techniques to properly account for ongoing construction projects
- Best practices for keeping construction projects organized and on schedule
- How to use the proper equipment for efficiency and safety
- Leading sustainability practices in the construction industry today
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Construction Project Delivery Systems
- Financial Accounting for Construction Projects
- Construction Project Planning, Scheduling, and Control
- Construction Equipment and Methods
- Construction Safety and Human Factors
Details on Coursera Plus:
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1338 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should understand foundational mathematics, including algebra & geometry; foundational physics, including forces & motion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National2000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
- Option to pay all at once, or in four separate installments
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.