By earning a degree offered by the Special Education - Mild-Moderate Disabilities Certified program of the Northern Arizona University, you'll be ready to enter a special education teaching job in the private sector, human services agencies, or in school settings.
The Mild to Moderate with certification MEd degree program leads to certification/licensure with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). The program is comprised of online, face-to-face, and blended courses.
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Special education teacher
- Educational administrator
- Foundation And Methods In Secondary Special Education
- Survey Of Special Education
- Advanced Foundations And Methods Of Special Education: Moderate To Severe Disabilities
- Advanced Foundations And Legal Aspects Of Special Education: Mild To Moderate Disabilities
- Evidence-based Practices And Research In Math And English Language Arts
- Advanced Assessment And Eligibility Of Exceptional Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3582 other Masters in Education in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- Prerequisites (one of the following, completed prior to enrolling in the program): ENG 101 and 102 or ENG 105 (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of B. Math (College Algebra) with a minimum grade of C. Laboratory Science with a minimum grade of C, OR Elementary Education Teaching Certificate
- IVP Fingerprint clearance card
- Privacy forms
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.