The Special Education - Early Childhood Special Education with Certification program of the Northern Arizona University means you will be prepared to work with young children ages 0-8 with disabilities. The demand for early childhood special educators currently outpaces the supply across the country. By earning this degree you'll be ready to enter a special education teaching position in either early intervention, preschool and kindergarten to third grade settings in private, human service, and public school settings.
To prepare early educators and early interventionists to best serve children birth to eight years old with disabilities, and their families in diverse settings. Coursework provides students with professional preparation focused on the implementation of evidence-based and recommended practices in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education for diverse children with disabilities, and their families. Students further refine their professional skills through embedded and applied learning experiences. This degree is designed for individuals who may or may not have previous early childhood experience who wish to pursue licensure in Early Childhood Special Education.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to enter special education teaching positions in either early intervention, preschool, and kindergarten to third grade settings in private, human service, and public school settings.
- Literacy I: Developmental Literacy, Evidenced-based Practices, & Language Arts In Elementary School
- Graduate Mathematics And Evidenced Practices Grades 1-8
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Early Childhood Science And Social Studies
- Applications Of Assistive Technology For School-aged Individuals
- Patterns And Variations Of Child Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 741 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northern Arizona University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- Prerequisites (one of the following completed prior to enrolling in the program): Elementary or Early Childhood Education Teaching Certificate OR Math (College Algebra) with a minimum grade of C, Laboratory Science with a minimum grade of C
- IVP Fingerprint clearance card
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.