The Mathematics program of the Northern Arizona University provides students the content knowledge, as well as abstract reasoning and communication skills, which constitute a broad foundation in graduate-level mathematics. This foundation illuminates the inter-connection between different branches of mathematics and is the theoretical basis for validating and critically assessing the mathematical principles and methods necessary for continued studies in mathematics beyond the master’s degree or for work that graduates may perform in industry, education or government agencies.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Higher education
- High-tech industries
- Government agencies
- Insurance industry
- Bio-tech industry
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- University professor
- Operations researcher
- Computer scientist
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Topics In Combinatorics
- Complex Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 393 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
- Prerequisites (completed prior to enrolling in the program): at least 27 hours of undergraduate mathematics and statistics coursework at the level of calculus and above with a grade of C or better, and have at least a 3.0 grade point average in these courses. The 27 credit hours must include coursework in multivariable calculus, linear algebra, real analysis (advanced calculus), and abstract algebra.
- List of courses taken in the field with titles/authors of textbooks used
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.