The Architectural and Urban Design programme at The University of Edinburgh aims to expose candidates to a range of cutting-edge approaches, strategies, research and experimentation techniques in architectural design.
Graduates of this programme will have the capacity to:
- demonstrate leadership within an architectural design-team context
- critically evaluate the possible roles architectural design plays within the larger field of cultural production
- comprehend some of the key consequences digital media have for the conception, design and representation of architecture
On completion of this programme, you will have added a significant qualification to your existing architectural degree, one that is held in high regard by potential employers. The skills and learning you will gain will help you to pursue your career at a higher level, or branch out into a particular specialism.
- The programme is structured around a series of design projects, augmented by lecture and seminar-based teaching in urban design and contemporary architectural theory.
- The programme also involves fieldwork in a selected internationally significant city. Previous destinations include Florence, Olbia, Bari, Mumbai and Kolkata.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A professional qualification in architecture, usually a five-year programme, with a strong portfolio of design work with clear author/co-author attribution.
- You must submit a portfolio as part of your application.
- We may consider a four-year qualification in architecture if your portfolio is of sufficient standard, with evidence of further experience in architecture or a similar field, such as art, landscape architecture, urban planning, digital design or industrial design; please contact us to check before you apply.
International26300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £6,700
- International/EU - £13,150
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.