Public health is the science and art of preventing illness and disease and promoting evidence-based health practices with the goal of improving the quality of life. It is concerned with threats to health based on population health analysis. The population in question can be as small as a handful of people, or as large as all the inhabitants of several continents. The dimensions of health can encompass a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, as defined by the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO).
The Master of Public Health program at Ferris State University focuses on the preparation of public health and health care practitioners to better serve the community’s health needs. Graduates of this program will be able to help improve the health status of the communities in which they live and work, most notably in the underserved, rural population areas. The theme of the FSU Public Health programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels is to address the need for an emphasis on “Public Health for Rural, Underserved Populations”.
In contrast to the entry level preparation of the graduate of the BSPH program, the MPH graduate is a member of the upper-level management team. Therefore, the MPH graduate should be able to perform advanced level job responsibilities of the public health professional. Such job responsibilities differentiate the entry-level professional from upper-level management staff and include:
- Administration & Management of Programs and Staff
- Policy Development
- Grant Proposal Writing and Fund-Raising
- Budget Management
- Program Planning, Development and Assessment
- Research Design and Evaluation
More informationVisit official programme website
- Public Health Concepts
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Health Behavior and Health Promotion in Public Health
- Epidemiology in Public Health
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1077 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.00 scale in a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent taken within last 3 years (may be waived if applicant has a professional or academic degree in a relevant area).
- International applicants must submit a minimum paper or computer TOEFL score – Paper: 550; Computer: 213; TWE: 4 or TSE: 250.
- Completion of courses in the areas of mathematics, biology, chemistry, social sciences and statistics with minimal grades of “C”. These may be included in the undergraduate degree or taken prior to or concurrently in the MPH program.
- Personal statement of interest in public health.
- Three professional references.
- Professional resume.
International951 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 951 USD per credit and a duration of .
National634 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 634 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State634 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 634 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.