This program is designed to prepare students for:
- employment as geologists and environmental scientists in government (city, county, regional, state, and federal) and private consulting firms (environmental, engineering, and geotechnical firms, mining and oil companies, etc.);
- professional licensing requirements;
- doctoral study in environmental science, geology, geochemistry, and geophysics; and
- teaching at the Community College level
- The department also provides continuing education for professional geologists, engineers, planners, etc.
Our Environmental Geosciences program at California State University East Bay is unique in the bay area in that many courses are offered in the evenings, and augmented by field experiences. Graduate seminars address diverse subjects; for example, geochemical evolution of groundwater, natural tracers of geologic processes, tectonic geomorphology, earthquake hazards, bay area tectonics, near-surface geophysics, and modern depositional environments.
We maintain strong connections with East Bay Regional Parks, the California Environmental Protection Agency, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, NASA Ames, the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park, and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.
- Scientist for federal, state, or local regulatory, governmental, or research agency
- Project leader, geologist, or hydrogeologist at environmental consulting company
- Geologist or geophysicist for energy company
- Instructor at community college
More informationVisit official programme website
- Near Surface Geophysics
- Seismic Exploration
- Earthquake Geology
- The Science of Soils
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 408 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.