The M.A.T. program is designed to prepare teachers with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to create dynamic, student-centered classrooms for the 21st century. As designers of creative and critical curriculum, students will learn to truly engage their students in an exploration and understanding of our fascinating, complex, and diverse world. The M.A.T. program has an emphasis on teaching for cultural diversity, teaching diverse students, project- and inquiry-based teaching, authentic literacy across the curriculum, technology integration, and 21st century skills.Each semester has students focusing on a specific educational theme:
- Teacher as Learner
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Teaching for Human Diversity
- Curriculum & Schooling Past, Present, and Future
- Inquiry Through the Content Areas
More informationVisit official programme website
- Literacy Instruction In Elementary Grades
- Issues In Literacy Instruction
- Cultural Diversity In Our Schools
- Integrating Media Technology Into Elementary Classroom
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation View 3526 other Masters in Education in United States
Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Students entering the graduate program are not expected to have any prior preparation or knowledge the field. In addition, applicants must provide:
- 2 letters of professional recommendation
- a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- MAT program application and writing sample
- Passing score on the Illinois State Test of Academic Proficiency, or ACT plus Writing, or SAT.
International808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State404 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 404 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.