Upon graduating from this Accounting program at the University of Pittsburgh, you’ll be prepared to pass the CPA exam, and you will have satisfied the 150 credit-hour requirement required by most U.S. states to qualify for CPA certification.
Earn Your CPA License
The Katz MS in Accounting program is tailored to help you achieve CPA certification the first time. Our students have a first-time pass rate of 73.5%, compared to the Pennsylvania state and national averages of 52.9%.Each term, MS in Accounting students are asked to assist the AICPA in a field test of the CPA exam. Students can sit for a specific section of the exam in a test environment, to try questions that could be used on a future CPA exam. Few schools give this opportunity.
- Forensic Accounting
- Corporate Tax Accounting and Planning
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Strategic Cost Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Business Law
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Taxation View 179 other Masters in Taxation in United States
- Official transcripts from any previous coursework
- GMAT and TOEFL reports (or GRE or IELTS scores, if applicable)
- There is one essay required as part of the online application. Essays should be no longer than one page, written in an essay format (no bullet points), and typed in Arial font.
- You must also attach a résumé as part of the online application, typed in Arial font and printed in black ink only. This will help your résumé to look more professional.
International41714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20857 USD per semester during 9 months.
National41714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20857 USD per semester during 9 months.
In-State30128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15064 USD per semester during 9 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.