Students in the Accounting at the University of Pittsburgh gain general business knowledge and specialized accounting skills necessary for success. In addition, the program prepares students to pass the CPA Exam, both by covering the content areas of the exam and by satisfying the 150 credit-hour requirement of Pennsylvania and many other U.S. states.
At the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, we offer Master of Science programs with razor-sharp specializations in rapidly growing fields of business such as accounting, business analytics, finance, management, and marketing science. Depending on program requirements and your professional goals, you can pursue an MS degree full time and graduate career ready in about a year. Most finish in 9-12 months. Or, if you’re a working professional, you can attend classes part time—both on campus and online alongside MBA students—and advance your career in just two years.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Forensic Accounting
- Strategic Cost Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Business Law
- Individual Tax Accounting and Planning
- Corporate Tax Accounting and Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAccounting View 545 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Application fee of $50
- Official transcripts
- Report of the results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Two letters of recommendation
- International applicants must also submit the following: (a) official academic records accompanied by notarized English translations, including diplomas for degrees earned; (b) test scores on the TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, or the IELTS (required of applicants whose official native language is not English even if English was the medium of instruction in the foreign schools attended by the applicant).
International43880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National43880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State31280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31280 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.