At Special Education (Multicultural or Multilingual) from California State University Los Angeles, master's degree candidates must incorporate the specialist credential requirements in their area of specialization as a part of their program. (This requirement may be waived for personnel such as nurses, occupational or physical therapists, or orientation and mobility specialists.)
Special Education (Multicultural or Multilingual) from California State University Los Angeles has four components:
- Credential requirements
- Master’s degree core
- Required specialization courses and electives approved by the adviser and
- Acomprehensive examination or thesis/project
- Advanced Study of Literacy Problems and Specialized Interventions for Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Building Social Competencies of Students with Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Seminar: Issues and Strategies for Multicultural Special Education Students
- Theories of Teaching and Learning Second Languages
- Methods for Teaching Second Languages
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3191 other Masters in Education in United States
- have a minimum of a 2.75 grade point average in their last 60 semester units attempted.
- have completed (or complete concurrently) requirements for a California credential in special education or equivalent (this requirement may be waived for personnel in related fields, such as nurses, occupational or physical therapists, or speech language pathologists).
- complete all division application procedures
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.