Designed for professionals working within strengths-based, biopsychosocial practice models, the MSW program at Bridgewater State University is grounded in the profession’s history, purpose and philosophy in order to promote social justice and optimal functioning.
The Social Work program produces graduates who have a lifetime commitment to upholding human rights, respecting human diversity and working towards social justice in their professional and personal lives. As a graduate, you will be prepared to practice in a wide variety of public and private settings, including child welfare, youth services, mental health and counseling agencies, schools, criminal justice organizations, elder services and medical settings such as hospitals and long-term care facilities.
The MSW program offers you:
- A wide range of placement opportunities in Southeastern Massachusetts and the Greater Boston area.
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of social work settings
- Strong clinical training with an interdisciplinary knowledge base
- Classes are offered in the late afternoon, evening and on Saturdays.
- Full-time and part-time program options
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Advanced standing option (for graduates of CSWE-accredited BSW programs only)
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- Policy: Social Welfare Policy
- Dynamics of Diversity and Oppression
- Policy: Policy Advocacy, Development and Analysis
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment: The DSM
- Social Work Practice
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Human Resource Management View 341 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- GRE Scores are currently being waived due to COVID-19
- Three appropriate letters of recommendation with preference given to academic letters of reference
- Personal statement .
International8540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 488 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.