- School Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Counseling curriculum emphasizes applied and conceptual skills; affirms diversity of values, ideas, and persons; and promotes educational excellence and ethical commitment. Faculty provide a challenging and supportive environment that encourages personal growth and development. The Department is committed to recruiting and selecting students that are representative of our varied and pluralistic society.
The School Counseling Program prepares students for work as elementary and/or secondary school counselors in both public and private school settings. The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program prepares students for work in a variety of clinical settings, including mental health center, rehabilitation hospitals, recovery centers, private practice, university counseling centers, and employee assistance programs.
Why Choose Counselor Education at Western Illinois University?
- Counselor Education may be for you if you value serving others, enjoy working with others and being part of a team, have a sense of empathy, are kind, generous, warm, and friendly, and are a good listener.
- We offer a unique blend of courses designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to become a competent counseling professional. Emphasis is on solid academic performance and experiential mastery.
- The Counseling Programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The School Counseling option is also accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pre-Practicum in Counseling
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Practicum: School Counseling
- School Counseling Internship I
- Pre-Practicum in Counseling
- Crisis and Trauma Counseling
- Marriage, Family, and Relationship Counseling
- Lifestyles and Career Development
- Techniques of Counseling
- Group Counseling: Theories and Procedures
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Internship I
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesCounselling View 882 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.