The goal of the Library Science (Youth Service) MLS program offered by Emporia State University is to prepare creative problem solvers who will provide proactive client-centered services in information agencies.
To meet this goal, the curriculum is designed to provide the following dynamic mix of courses:
- Core theory courses provide the foundation from which students learn the skill sets necessary for the library and information management profession.
- Tools courses provide instruction on how to catalog and classify information, retrieve and repackage information, diagnose information needs, plan and evaluate information services, and use print and electronic information sources.
- Applications courses amplify and extend the themes identified in the theory courses and focus on information transfer, global information infrastructure, management, and technology.
- Elective courses are devoted to current issues in the profession and a capstone experience provides an opportunity to synthesize the educational experience in preparation for entering the field.
- Library and Information Science
- Information-Seeking Behavior and Reference Services
- Organization of Information
- Management in Information Organizations
- Research in Library and Information Science
- Collection Development and Management
- Resources and Services for Early Learners
- Resources and Services for Children
- Resources and Services for Young Adults
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Library Science Management Studies View 1311 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for full admission. Applicants with a GPA under 3.0 may be considered for probationary admission.
- Two letters of reference.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Statement of Objectives: A statement of objectives focuses on how your experiences have shaped your professional and academic goals. You may choose to discuss why you hope to enter a master of library science program, what your current career objectives are, and what you hope to take away from your relationship with Emporia State University’s School of Library and Information Management.
- Advising Interview: An advising interview, has been designed to provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your interest in SLIM’s MLS program as well as your own professional preparation and experiences, your professional promise, and your academic aptitud
- ID Verification Form
International13555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13555 USD per year during 12 months.
National13555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13555 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.