The Special Education Department has developed a variety of innovative master’s programs to meet teacher candidate and PreK-12 district needs. Programs for moderate disabilities include Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8) and Moderate Disabilities (5-12).
The program prepares graduates to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the field of special education, including legislation and litigation that has affected the rights of individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrate competence in teaching that leads to success for all students in the least restrictive environment
- Evaluate students to determine their educational needs and to design appropriate programs
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to develop effective teaching strategies that will enhance student’s learning
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and respect for children and adults from diverse cultural, religious, ethnic, and racial backgrounds
- Understanding Disabilities and Diversity
- Language Development, Differences and Disorders
- Assessment/Strategies for Students with Disabilities
- Reading and Writing: Methods for Secondary Students with Moderate Disabilities (5-12)
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 151 other Masters in Special Education in United States
General requirementsAdmissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Passing scores for the Communication and Literacy subtest of the Massachusetts Test of Educator Licensure (MTEL) or copy of initial teaching license
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- An essay
International58 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 58 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National58 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 58 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!