The Master in Biomedical Visualization at the University of Illinois at Chicago is a multidisciplinary field that draws upon and integrates subject matter from a variety of disciplines (e.g. anatomy, biochemistry, genetics, molecular and cell biology, neuroscience, physiology, and surgery, as well as art, graphic design, animation, and computer science). The master’s degree program in Biomedical Visualization is a terminal degree, and is most appropriate for students who wish to apply their knowledge through practice in academic, healthcare, or industry settings. Graduates from the program are grounded in visual communication problem solving while embracing innovation in digital media technology to translate research and discovery, as well as visually educate health care providers, physicians, and patients.
- Gross Human Anatomy
- Medical Sciences and Human Pathophysiology
- Information Sources in Biomedical & Health Information Sciences
- Strategic Inquiry in Biomedical and Health Information Sciences
- Seminar in Biomedical and Health Information Sciences
- Clinical Sciences for Biomedical Visualization
- Visual Learning and Visual Thinking I
- Anatomical Visualization
- Web Development
- Graphic Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Minimum Semester Hours Required 49–52.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Administration Health Sciences View 347 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Illinois at Chicago and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate Field - No restrictions. All prerequisite course work must be completed with a grade of C or higher. Prior academic work must include:
1. General or introductory chemistry.
2. Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Human Physiology or Anatomy and Physiology I and II with dissection.
3. Additional science courses must include two or more of the following (at least one of these courses must be an upper-division course): biochemistry, cell biology, developmental anatomy (vertebrate embryology), genetics, histology, immunology, molecular biology, neuroanatomy, pharmacology, microbiology, neuroscience, neurobiology, physical/biological anthropology, or pathology.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.