The Master of Accountancy (MAcc.) curriculum at Western Illinois University is designed to develop outstanding graduates who demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to enter the accounting profession and meet future career challenges. Completion of the program will qualify the graduate to sit for CPA examination and meet the 150 hour requirement for licensure.
Western also offers a unique Integrated Bachelor of Business/Master of Accountancy (IAP) program. The IAP is oriented toward preparation for careers in professional accountancy and is available for students currently enrolled in the undergraduate Accounting program at Western.
Why Choose Accountancy at WIU?
The Accounting Program is recognized as one of Western Illinois University’s 12 signature programs. It is part of the AACSB accredited College of Business and Technology and is proud to have earned specialized accreditation in accounting by the AACSB International. Only 718 business schools worldwide meet the rigorous accreditation standards of the AACSB International. This is less than 5% of all business schools. Of these 718 schools, there are only 181 institutions that have specialized accreditation in accounting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Issues in International Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Advanced Management Accounting/Systems
- Advanced Auditing
- Graduate Outcomes Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 558 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies. If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
- Admission in any program of the School of Graduate Studies is contingent upon successful completion of undergraduate coursework specified as a prerequisite. Admission requirements for any particular graduate degree program may exceed the minimum admission standards of the School of Graduate Studies.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.