Students of the Music Conducting program from University of New Hampshire choose a choral, orchestral or wind band emphasis while also being free to explore other areas. The program culminates in a conducting recital and/or significant performances with one of the major university ensembles. The faculty’s interests span all styles, periods and approaches, and the program is intended for those immediately entering the workforce as educators and conductors or preparing for doctoral programs in conducting.
Conducting students take part in a rich musical life at UNH, including chamber music, choirs, orchestras, bands and jazz bands and will be well-prepared for whatever career they wish to pursue. Within driving distance of Boston and Portland, Maine, UNH is ideally situated to allow you to take advantage of the offerings of the many vibrant musical communities in the area.
- Music theory
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting
- Instrumental Literature and Its Performance
- Research Seminar
- Theory Seminar
- Musicology Seminar
- Techniques and Methods in Choral Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 644 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: $65
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- Entrance Exam: An exam in music theory and music history is required. The exam will be sent to you upon completion of your on-line application with the graduate school. You are required to arrange for an instructor at your current institution or similarly qualified person to proctor the exam for you. Please contact the Department of Music graduate coordinator for details.
- Writing Sample: A sample of academic writing, preferably on a musical subject, should be submitted to the Department of Music graduate coordinator, either electronically (pdf file via email) or in hard copy. This might be a paper that has been submitted for a course.
- Conducting: Applicants must perform a live conducting audition with one of the university ensembles. Please contact the Director of Bands or Director of Choral Activities for details and to schedule an audition.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per year during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.