Systems Engineering - Accelerated Master's Program degree offered by the University of Arizona department was the first Systems Engineering department in the country. It was founded on the premise that if complex systems are to do what is intended, without unwanted side effects, they must be designed not only with imagination and technical skill, but with rigorous attention to the design process itself and to the interactions among the system components and with other systems and society.
Consequently, the curriculum provides students with design viewpoints and methodologies that emphasize system integration, and with subject matter and tools for modeling and analysis especially appropriate for large complex systems, e.g., probability and statistics, system theory, decision analysis, and simulation.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Master of Science in Systems Engineering requires 30 or 33 units to complete. If you are completing using the report option you will need 27 units of approved coursework and 3 units of a Master's report. If you are completing using the thesis option you will need 24 units of approved coursework and 6 units of thesis. Both the Thesis and Master's Report require a 3 member committee and an oral presentation as well as a written report.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 235 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Students whose cumulative GPA on a minimum of 12 units of undergraduate credit hours at UA is equal or above 3.3 can apply
- Completion of at least 12 earned undergraduate credits in their major (SE, IE, EM) at The University of Arizona’s main campus. Units still graded
- Completion, or near completion, of general education requirements at the time of application
- Regular application requirements for the MS program
- Demonstration of the maturity necessary for success in an accelerated
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.